Librarians vs. Knowledge Managers?
Abstract: A startling blog post entitled reflection on KM and libraries in law firms came over the transom today. In it Morgan Wilson, a law librarian, recounted his experiences of working in a library that was part of a law firm knowledge management department. These experiences led him to the conclusion that it is not a good idea to put KM in charge of a law firm library:…
V Mary Abraham: Librarians vs Knowledge Managers? Above and Beyond KM, April 27, 2010
Copyright © V Mary Abraham. All rights reserved.
- Morgan Wilson: Reflection on KM and libraries in law firms. explodedlibrary, April 26, 2010
- V Mary Abraham: Content Catalysts. Above and Beyond KM, April 29, 2010
- Nina Platt: Musings on the Librarian’s Role in Knowledge Management in Law Firms. Strategic Librarian, April 29, 2010
- V Mary Abraham: Catalog Content Not People. Above and Beyond KM, April 30, 2010
- Ron Friedmann: Knowledge Managers, Librarians, Practice Support, and Business Analysis. Prism Legal Blog, April 30, 2010
- Greg Lambert: Libraries and KM: Can’t We All Just Get Along?? 3 Geeks and a Law Blog, 4/30/10.
- Jason Mark Anderman: War of the Worlds: Librarians and Knowledge Managers Fight It Out. WhichDraft.com’s blog , April 2010
- James Mullan: Librarians vs Knowledge Managers. The Running Librarian, 4 May 2010
- Dave Pollard: Librarians as Knowledge Managers: The View from the Executive Suite. SLA Annual Conference June 6, 2007
Tags: Above and Beyond KM, content catalyst, content management, information and communication technologies, information professional, KM department, knowledge manager, law firm library, law firms, law librarian, librarian, roles and positions, Trailblazer« Previous Article Next Article »