Knowledge Management training and education @Semantic Technology Institute International (STI International)
The site will be updated and linked with the KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: provider, conference, university program)
The Semantic Technology Institute International (STI International or STI2) offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
- European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC)* 1)
- Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC)** 2)
The Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC) is recognized as the yearly conference on theoretical foundations, technological building blocks and practical applications of semantic technologies on the Asian continent. Targeted at both academia and industry, the conference presents the latest research and development of the Semantic Web and its related technologies.
ASWC is a conjunctive as well as a complementary measure to the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) and the European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) and therefore will be strongly aligned with these two events.
- 1st Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC 2006), September 3-7, 2006 Beijing, China
- 2nd Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC 2007), November 11-15, Busan, Korea
(colocated with the 6th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2007); in conjunction with the 1st Asian Autumn School on the Semantic Web (AASSW), Nov 5-10)
- 3rd Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC 2008), 8-11 December 2008, Bangkok, Thailand 3)
(in conjunction with the 2nd Asian Semantic Web School (ASWS2008), December 1-6)
- 4th Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC 2009), 6-9 December, 2009, Shanghai, China
Training & Networking
- ESWC Summer School
- STI Semantic Summit
- Board Meetings
- General Assembly
1) Formerly the European Semantic Web Symposium (ESWS) in 2004, the European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) from 2005-2006, the European Semantic Technology Conference (ESTC) from 2007-2010 (in 2011 acquired by Mediabistro), the Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) from 2011-2012 (due to the acquisition by Mediabistro), and since 2013 again the European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC); Initially established and organized by the European Semantic Systems initiative (ESSI), formely the SEKT, DIP, and Knowledge Web (SDK) project cluster from 2004-2006, the major seed for the establishment of STI International.
2) The Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC) was established in 2006 with the aim of emulating the success of the International and European Semantic Web Conference series, in Asia. The conference series was established as a direct result of the 'Building an integrated leading Euro-Asian higher education and research community in the field of the SemanTic WEB' (EASTWEB) project, which aimed to foster cooperation between European and Asian Institutes; Lead Partner: University of Trento (Trento, Italy); Partners: Semantic Technology Institute (STI) Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck (LFU)... Links: http://www.eastweb.eu/, http://eastweb.ait.ac.th/
3) DUE TO THE OCCUPATION OF THE BANGKOK AIRPORT IN DECEMBER, THE CONFERENCE HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO FEBRUARY 2009
Type: 1-6 days, English language, Public KMedu, Austria (A), Offers from Communities, Offers from Conference Providers
Tags: 2009: Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC)**, 2010: European Semantic Technology Conference (ESTC)**, 2012-05: Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC)**, Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck (LFU), Mediabistro, semantic technology, semantic web, summer schools, Università degli Studi di Trento
* Provider does no longer offer any KMedu; This is a recurring conference
** This recurring conference / KMedu offer is discontinued