No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
The Knowledge Week is a series of events in various cities around the world. It is organized by the Arab Knowledge Project (AKP), a joint initiative between the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The Week’s agenda includes workshops and discussion panels to showcase and explore the key takeaways from the Knowledge Summit in Dubai, and the results of the Global Knowledge Index, among other topics.
The initial Knowledge Week was organized in conjunction with The Knowledge Summit 2017 in Dubai. Exporting the Knowledge Week to countries around the world seeks to promote the use of the Global Knowledge Index as a guide to growth and sustainable development, as well as a tool for change and for political debates. The series of meetings aims to promote effective dialogue, raise awareness and inform stakeholders and the general public about key aspects and expected outcomes from the Index.
– 2018 knowledge weeks: Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Paris (France), London (UK), Bahrain, Malaysia, New York (USA)
– 2019 knowledge weeks: Morocco, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates
Knowledge Week History:
Knowledge Week Egypt, October 13-18, 2019, Cairo, Egypt
– Global Knowledge Index Workshop
Jordan Knowledge Week, March 24-28, 2019, Zarqa | Amman, Jordan
- Jordan in the Global Knowledge Index 2018 (Gathering with academics and students at Hashemite University and the University of Jordan), Mar 24 and Mar 25
- Jordan in the Global Knowledge Index 2018: Policy Recommendations (3 days workshop with youth from different universities at Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation), Mar 26-28
Global Knowledge Index Launch Event, December 5-6, 2018, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
(part of the Knowledge Summit)
Knowledge as a Driver for Sustainable Development in the Arab States, September 11, 2018, United Nations, New York, NY, USA
2nd Knowledge Week Jordan, April 22 – 26, 2018, Amman | Irbid | Al Karak, Jordan
- Knowledge Forum: Jordan Global Knowledge Index post-launch event (Apr 22)
- Meetings with students and academics at University of Jordan (Apr 23), Yarmouk University (Apr 24) in Irbid and Mutah University in Al Karak (Apr 25)
- Meeting with the Director General and experts of the Department of Statistics in Jordan (Apr 26)
Global Knowledge Index: Post Launch Event, April 10 – 12, 2018, Paris, France
(POSTPONED/CANCELLED!?) Knowledge Week Morocco, March 26 – 30, 2018, Rabat | El Jadida | Marrakesh, Morocco
(in collaboration with Mohammed V University in Rabat, Chouaib Doukkali University in El Jadida and Cadi Ayyad University in Marrakesh)
1st Knowledge Week Egypt, Cairo (March 6 – 8) | Alexandria (March 10 – 12), 2018, Egypt
- Knowledge Summit Workshop with Al-Ahram Foundation (Mar 8)
- Gatherings with the Professors and Students at Zewail City of Science and Technology, Nile University and Alexandria University (Division of Trade and Department of Economics)
1st Knowledge Week Dubai, Novemner 19-23, 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Knowledge Summit (Nov 21-22); Knowledge-centred activities and events