No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
BE Wenger-Trayner, literally Etienne and Beverly Wenger-Trayner,1) offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
- Cultivating Communities of Practice State-of-the-art Workshop (4 days)
BEtreat workshops (4 days)
Social learning spaces (Cutting-edge workshop, 3 days)
2015-2022: Social Learning (Leadership)…
Principles and (best) practice (State-of-the-art workshop)
Pioneering aspects/emerging issues of the field (Cutting-edge workshop)
Hybrid (Practice & research workshop) | 2020 only
Theory and research / Research & Evaluation (Academic/Research workshop)
Professional BEtreats: How do we develop, evaluate, and support learning in networks and communities?
(1) Best practice (State of the art workshop)
(2) Emerging issues (Cutting edge workshop)
Academic BEtreats: What is the latest social learning theory and research?
(1) Current theory and research (State of the art workshop)
(2) Advanced theory and research (Cutting edge workshop)
Cultivating communities and networks for social learning (State-of-the-art BEtreat/ BEtreat Primer)
Social Learning (Cutting-edge BEtreat / BEtreat ’12)
Social learning theory (Academic BEtreat)
Leading communities of practice and networks (4 days)
Convening, leading, and supporting communities of practice (5 days)
- Oct 2020: Liberating Structures & Social learning** (2 days; w. Full Circle Associates; POSTPONED)
- Social Learning Leadership Certificate and Fellowship Program (1
- … on all aspects of social learning: Communities of practice in and across organizations; Myths and half-myths about communities of practice; Dimensions of maturity in communities of practice; Learning to make a difference – the art of creating social learning spaces; Learning to make a difference: professional and organizational development through social learning; Learning to make a difference: value-creation in social learning spaces; Systems convening: leadership for the 21st century; Communities of practice: the history of a concept; Social learning theory: recent developments; Communities of practice: a social discipline of learning; Knowledge management as social learning; Social learning in the 21st century; Social learning theory and what it looks like in practice; Social media: strategies for social learning; Social learning capabilities and staying ahead; Social artists and social learning spaces; Learning citizenship and its significance in the 21st century; Crossing boundaries in landscapes of practice; Strategic HR
- Communities of Practice Summit (CoP Summit)*
The Communities of Practice Summit (CoP Summit) is a chance to gather a range of different resources, useful in different contexts and for different purposes. There will be plenty of time for networking and for learning more about a range of experiences in cultivating communities of practice.
- Communities of Practice – Interactive Workshops
(Face-to-face and online/teleconference educational and developmental workshops )
- Introductory modules: Communities of practice in organizations: the new frontier; True knowledge management: the value of communities of practice
- Community development modules: Community development: principles; Community development: stages of development; Community development: launch design; Community development: community renewal; Key roles in communities: an ecology of leadership; Community coordination; High-impact communities of practice: key factors; Large and distributed communities of practice; Community-oriented technology
- Organizational initiative modules: Strategic capability building: knowledge as strategy; Community-based knowledge initiatives: building on experience; Institutionalizing communities: five organizational structures; Developing an organizational practice of community building; The role of community sponsor: leadership in a knowledge economy; Establishing the value of communities of practice; Communities of practice and innovation
- Theory modules: Foundations: introduction to a social theory of learning; Meaning, identity, and power in communities of practice; The community-structure of large-scale learning systems; Learning for a small planet: a research agenda
- …on topics in communities of practice: Introduction to communities of practice, Advanced topics in communities of practice, Communities of practice in education, Communities of practice and e-learning, Communities of practice and corporate universities, Communities of practice and innovation, Appreciating the value created by communities of practice
- CPsquare – The Community of Practice on Communities of Practice*2) (2003-2015)
- Communities of Practice Consortium*2) (2000-2002)