No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
BE Wenger-Trayner, literally Etienne and Beverly Wenger-Trayner, offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
- BEtreats: Social LearningLeadership (4 days) – develop effective strategies for leading or supporting social learning initiatives 1)
Types: State-of-the-art BEtreat; Cutting-edge BEtreat; Research and evaluation BEtreat
Options: Regular/Public BEtreat (current: USA, Portugal w. online; past: Canada, South Africa, Slovenia), Custom BEtreat (California: State-of-the-art, Cutting-edge, Academic, at yours), Private BEtreat
- Cultivating Communities of Practice (state-of-the art workshop)
- Oct 2022: Liberating structures & Social learning (2 days; POSTPONED until 2021)
- Leading communities of practice and networks
- Social learning leadership Certificate program (1-2 years)
- … on all aspects of social learning: Communities of practice: a social discipline of learning; Knowledge management as social learning; Social learning in the 21st century; Social learning theory and what it looks like in practice; Social media: strategies for social learning; Social learning capabilities and staying ahead; Social artists and social learning spaces; Learning citizenship and its significance in the 21st century; Crossing boundaries in landscapes of practice; Strategic HR
- Communities of Practice Summit (CoP Summit), May 20-21, 2022, Sesimbra, Portugal / Virtual venue
Launch of the BE Wenger-Trayner guidebook for cultivating communities of practice with an invitation to others who have produced a toolkit or guidebook to share theirs too.
- Communities of Practice – Interactive Workshops
(Face-to-face and online/teleconference educational and developmental workshops )
- Introductory modules: Communities of practice in organizations: the new frontier; True knowledge management: the value of communities of practice
- Community development modules: Community development: principles; Community development: stages of development; Community development: launch design; Community development: community renewal; Key roles in communities: an ecology of leadership; Community coordination; High-impact communities of practice: key factors; Large and distributed communities of practice; Community-oriented technology
- Organizational initiative modules: Strategic capability building: knowledge as strategy; Community-based knowledge initiatives: building on experience; Institutionalizing communities: five organizational structures; Developing an organizational practice of community building; The role of community sponsor: leadership in a knowledge economy; Establishing the value of communities of practice; Communities of practice and innovation
- Theory modules: Foundations: introduction to a social theory of learning; Meaning, identity, and power in communities of practice; The community-structure of large-scale learning systems; Learning for a small planet: a research agenda
- …on topics in communities of practice: Introduction to communities of practice, Advanced topics in communities of practice, Communities of practice in education, Communities of practice and e-learning, Communities of practice and corporate universities, Communities of practice and innovation, Appreciating the value created by communities of practice
- CPsquare – The Community of Practice on Communities of Practice* (2001-2015)