No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
The European Conference on Knowledge Management (ECKM), organized by Academic Conferences and Publishing International (ACIP), presents current research findings and business experiences from the wide community which is now involved in knowledge management and intellectual capital and organisational learning.
In 2020 the European Conference on Intangibles and Intellectual Capital (ECIIC) is merging with ECKM.
ECKM 2020 – 21st European Conference on Knowledge Management, 3–4 December 2020,
University of Coventry, UK Virtual venue
- Pre-conference workshops (Sep 2): Hands-On with Big Data: Calculating Narratives for Decision Making
- Knowledge Café: How do we better live and work in a hyper-connected, complex world?
- Finals of the 6th Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards (final round)
- Mini-tracks: New Challenges for Knowledge Management in Healthcare and Medicine; ISO 30401 – Opportunities and Experiences for Knowledge Management Systems; Managing Digital Identity in the World of Industry 4.0; Knowledge Management, Organizational Wisdom and Spirituality; Creating National Knowledge Management Policy and Strategy; Loss of Knowledge: The Strategies of Learning?; Knowledge Management & Academic-industry Relationships
- General Streams: TBA
- Keynotes: The Implications of AI and Big Data for Knowledge Management; Knowledge Strategies; The future of knowledge work in the digital economy
Note: The conference was scheduled for 3–4 September 2020
ECKM 2019 – 20th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 5–6 September 2019, Universidade Europeia de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- Pre-conference workshops (Sep 4): A Multidisciplinary Approach to Intangibles – Theory and Practice; Mastering the Publication Process
- PhD and Masters Colloquium
- Finals of the 5th Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards
- Mini-tracks: Knowledge Strategies in Turbulent Times; Knowledge Management in Healthcare; Knowledge for Sustainable Development Goals; Managing Knowledge in 21st Century: in the First Knowledge Economy?; Understanding and Addressing the Ethical implications in Knowledge Management (CANCELLED)
- General Streams: Explicit Knowledge; Organisational Culture and Evaluation; Higher Education; Collaboration; Social Issues; Personal Knowledge; Knowledge Sharing ; Qualitative Research; Intellectual Capital; Creativity; Competencies; Students; Learning; Digital Transformation and Taxation; Knowledge Management as an Organisational Tool; Training; Technology; Tacit Knowledge; Strategy; Knowledge Transfer; Innovation; Industry 4.0; Case Studies; Knowledge Sharing; Spirituality and Omniscience; Stakeholders; Agility and Innovation Clusters; Human Resources; Knowledge Creation; Knowledge Sharing; Big Data and Analysis; Posters (Poster Only, Poster with a Work-in-Progress Paper, Invited Posters)
- Keynotes: Contingencies and Complexities of the Knowledge-Performance Relationship; The future of Knowledge Management at the Macro and Micro Level; Trust in Business Relationships
ECKM 2018 – 19th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 6 – 7 September 2018, University of Padua, Italy
- Pre-conference Workshops: Social Network Analysis for Knowledge Management; Nations´ Wealth Creation and Poverty Reduction in the Knowledge Economy Context. Theoretical Foundations and Practical Implications
- PhD Colloquium: IAKM Doctoral Workshop: Doing Research in Knowledge Management
- Finals of the 4th Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards
- Mini Tracks: Knowledge Management Practices in Healthcare; Knowledge Strategies in Turbulent Times; Current Issues in Intellectual Capital; Knowledge Management in the Industry 4.0 Scenario; Knowledge Management in Servitization (CANCELLED)
- General Streams: Education; Human Resources; SMEs; Knowledge Sharing; Cultural Issues; Digital Transformation; Education; Leadership; Knowledge Management and the Public Sector; Frameworks and Models; Engagement; Knowledge Management Challenges; Tacit Knowledge and Life Costing; Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management Competition; Collaborations, Sharing and Transfer; Literature Reviews; Knowledge Transfer and Knowledge Conversion; Inter- and Multi-National Issues; Innovation; Knowledge Management Issues; Use of Technology; Knowledge Managment Systems; Big Data and Knowledge Metrics; Barriers and Security; Competition; Regional Knowledge Management Experiences; Posters (Posters only, Poster with a Work-in-Progress Paper, Invited posters)
- Keynotes: Combinatorial Knowledge Dynamics in Social and Sustainability Innovation – Context Matters; From Knowledge Management to Community Management: Turning Challenges Into Opportunities
- Co-located events: International Association for Knowledge Management (IAKM) meeting
ECKM 2017 – 18th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 7 – 8 September 2017, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Spain
- Pre-conference Workshops: Designing a Successful Knowledge Management Strategy for Public Sector Organizations: How can this be Achieved?; Managing Self and Others by Enneagram; Assessment of Knowledge Risk and its Mitigation; The Future of Knowledge Management: Short-time Goals and Long-term Vision
- PhD colloquium, PhD and Master colloquium
- Finals of the 3rd Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards
- Mini-Tracks: Cross-cultural Perspectives on Knowledge Management (IAKM Track); Enterprise Information & Knowledge Systems Security (was: Information and Knowledge Systems: Insider Threats and Security); Knowledge Management in the Public and Non-Profit Sectors; Knowledge Sharing in Networks; Big data and Business Analytics (was: Big Data, Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management); Enterprise Modelling For Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management as a Driver of Green Sustainability
- General Streams: Innovation; Strategies; Case Studies; Software Issues; Knowledge Management Issues; Intellectual Capital; Knowledge Transfer; Decision Making; Employee issues; Knowledge Sharing; Using Knowledge; Organisational Capability; Tacit Knowledge; Organisational Issues; Social media and social networks; Knowledge Creation; Models; Knowledge Management Applications; Communities of Practice; Innovation; Organisational Learning; Healthcare; Developments in Knowledge Management; Posters (Posters only, Poster with a Work-in-Progress Paper, Invited posters)
- Keynotes: Prosumption: Utilization of Consumers’ Knowledge in Organizations; Empowering Conversation in the Workplace; Re-wiring our brain in the Cloud: Excelling with Knowledge Work in the age of digitalisation
ECKM 2016 – 17th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 1 – 2 September 2016, Ulster University, Northern Ireland, UK
- Pre-conference Workshops: Sustainable Third Sector Organisations = Greater Social Impact: How can this be Achieved?; Doctoral Workshop – So what is Next on the Knowledge Management Horizon?
- PHD Colloquium; PhD and Master colloquium
- Finals of the 2nd Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards; IAKM Awards: Knowledge Management in Education and Education in Knowledge Management
- Mini-Tracks: Knowledge Management in Education and Education in Knowledge Management and probabilistic methods for threat assessment (IAKM Awards); Web 2.0 Models, Methods and Tools in Knowledge Management; University-Industry Knowledge Transfer; Knowledge Management for Sustainable Value Creation; Knowledge Management in the Public Sector; Research Methods in Knowledge Management; The role of Knowledge Management in Healthcare (CANCELLED); Knowledge Management of Shared Cognition; Social Media Technologies for Knowledge Management and Innovation in SMEs
- General Streams: Software Issues; Framework; Knowledge Management Issues; Individual Differences and Ambidexterity; Tacit Knowledge; Knowledge Sharing; Network Issues; Communities of Practise; Intellectual Capital; Regional and Cultural Issues; Knowledge Base and an Outsiders perspective; Knowledge Sharing and Knowledge Management Systems; Empirical Research; Education; Innovation; Business Intelligence; Knowledge Transfer; Posters (Posters only, Poster with a Work-in-Progress Paper, Invited posters)
- Keynotes: What does it take to Deliver Knowledge these days?; IKON, a case study of a multi award winning knowledge Management programme in a 9000+ organisation
ECKM 2015 – 16th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 3-4 September 2015, University of Udine, Italy
- Finals of the 1st Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards
- Mini-Tracks: Realising the value of Customer Knowledge Management (becomes General Stream); Using Knowledge visualization for knowledge management and business modeling; Knowledge Management in the Public Sector – General / Healthcare / Public Funded Organisations; Knowledge Strategies; Big Data Analytics and Organisational Culture for Knowledge Management (CANCELLED); KM Open Innovation and Entrepreneurship Business Champions (was: Knowledge Management, Open Innovation & Entrepreneurship); Knowledge Management for Welfare services, policies and organizations
- General Streams: Knowledge Creation; Intellectual Capital; Organisational Learning; Innovation; Collaboration; Goal setting and Knowledge Acquisition; Data Analytic Solutions; Models and Modelling; Realising the value of Customer Knowledge Management (CKM); Leadership; Knowledge Management Case Studies; Implementation; Entrepreneurship; Cultural Issues; Knowledge Transfer; Knowledge Management and Education; Knowledge Management Tools; Knowledge Management Issues; Knowledge Management Outcomes; Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration; Knowledge Management in a Corporate Environment; SMEs; Posters
- Keynotes: The Role of Knowledge Management in Building Resilience; Bridging the Knowledge Management divide: Academia vs. Practice?; Knowledge management in the pharmaceutical field
ECKM 2014 – 15th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 4-5 September 2014, The Santarém School of Management and Technology – Polytechnic Institute of Santarém, Santarém, Portugal
- PhD Colloquium
- Mini-Tracks: How situations of limited or impaired trust affect Knowledge Management (CANCELLED); Knowledge Management and Education; Narrative and complexity (CANCELLED); Knowledge Management in the finance sector; Future Research Directions in Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management in the Public Sector; Processes, Tools and Social Software for Global Knowledge Management (CANCELLED); Knowledge Management practices and value creation: an (inter-)national perspective; Applying Knowledge Management in Business: Contributions from Industry
- General Streams: Knowledge Sharing; Knowledge Creation; Assessing Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management and Project Management; Learning and Performance; Human Resources and Competence Brokering; Knowledge Management Tools; Trust and Job Satisfaction; CSR and Storytelling; SMEs; Innovation; Models, Modelling and Call Centres; Knowledge Management and Healthcare; Intellectual Capital; Models and Frameworks; Communities of practice, Virtual Communities and Knowledge sharing; Knowledge Management and ICT; Organisational Learning; Posters (Work in Progress Posters with Papers / Abstracts, Invited Posters)
- Keynotes: Do the Wrong Thing: On the relevance of breakdown and failure in knowledge creation and discovery; Making an impact with communication
- Plenary: Advancements, Challenges and Future Research in Knowledge Management: Results from a Global Expert Study
ECKM 2013 – 14th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 5-6 September 2013, Kaunas University of Technology, Kaunas, Lithuania
- PhD Colloquium
- Mini-Tracks: Success and Maturity of Knowledge Sharing; Knowledge Management for Sustainable Strategies and Policies in the Transport Sector; Success and Maturity of Knowledge Sharing; Knowledge Management in Public Sector (CANCELLED); Knowledge in Action; Evaluating the impact of knowledge management and organisational learning programmes and activities; Emotional Knowledge Management; Global Social Software Applications for Knowledge Management; The Role of Knowledge Management in Contemporary Global Supply Chain Management; Knowledge Management & Innovation
- General Streams: Knowledge Sharing; Organisational performance/Intelligence; Knowledge Management in Universities; Models; Intellectual Capital; Tacit Knowledge; Intangible Assets; Shared and collaborative knowledge; Case Studies and surveys; Knowledge Management Frameworks, Models and Measurement; Knowledge Management, Organisational Learning and Organisational Memory; Knowledge Workers; Knowledge Management in Tehran; Knowledge Management in Business; Posters (Work in Progress)
- Keynotes: Sense-making and Knowledge Management; Osmosis and Knowledge Flows in EntreSutra
ECKM 2012 – 13th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 6-7 September 2012, Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, Spain
- PhD Colloquium
- Knowledge Café: Gender-Related Issues in Knowledge Management: How to Promote Female Features and Qualities in Knowledge Management Initiatives
- Mini-Tracks: Cultural Influences & Factors in Knowledge Management; Knowledge and Organizational Learning in Healthcare Organizations; Knowledge in Action; Creativity and Knowledge Management; Competitive Intelligence and Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management and Innovation; Knowledge Strategies; Global Application of Social Software Applications for Knowledge Management
- General Streams: Knowledge Management Systems; Knowledge Management in Higher Education; Models; Frameworks and Architectures; Knowledge Management in organisations; Knowledge costs and marketing; Managers and Employees; Knowledge Transfer/sharing; Knowledge Sharing; Knowledge Management Issues; Learning and the Knowledgable Organisation; Customers; Organisational issues; Web based activities; Knowledge Management in Higher Education; Intellectual Capital; Case Studies; Posters (Poster Only, Work-in-Progress papers with Posters)
- Keynotes: Intelligence in Action; The Art (and Science) of Forgetting
ECKM 2011 – 12th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 1-2 September 2011, University of Passau, Germany
- PhD Colloquium
- Mini-Tracks: Process-oriented Knowledge Management – Case Studies and State of Research; Enterprise 2.0 (becomes General Stream); Making Form and Function Out of Fog: How do Organisations successfully deploy knowledge management initiatives; Managing Knowledge in a Multigenerational Workforce; Global Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management and the Decision Making Process
- General Streams: SMEs; Social networks; Organisational Learning; Knowledge Creation; Technical Issues; Intellectual Capital; Organisational Learning; Models; Enterprise 2.0; Knowledge Intensive Organisations and Systems; Knowledge Management Assessment and implementation; Knowledge Value and Personal Knowledge; Web 2.0 and the Semantic Web; Knowledge Management and ic in Universities; Strategies; Knowledge Sharing; Communities of Practice; Tacit Knowledge; Frameworks and Organisational Performance; Regional Development; Knowledge Sharing/Transfer; KM Implementation; Regional Public Sector Issues; Knowledge Management assessment, evaluation and analysis; Knowledge Management Issues; Posters (Poster Only, Work-in-Progress papers with Posters)
- Keynotes: Re-focusing knowledge management: concepts of knowledge maturing; 10 years of Knowledge Management – will another 10 years follow?; Emerging approaches to organizational learning
ECKM 2010 – 11th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 2-3 September 2010, Universidade Lusíada de Vila Nova de Famalicão, Famalicão, Portugal
- PhD Consortium
- Presentation & Gurteen Knowledge Cafe: Making Knowledge Management work!
- Mini-Tracks: Knowledge and Ageing; Globalization, Trade and Knowledge Economics; Knowledge Management for Resilient Enterprise; International law as the legal framework for the Knowledge Based Society (CANCELLED); Knowledge Management in Public Sector Organisations: Value Driven and Best Practices Scenario; Sustainable Knowledge Management; Knowledge transfer and trust in service business
- General Streams: Knowledge Management and SMEs; Models; Knowledge networks; Organisational Issues; Evaluating Knowledge Management; Innovation; Case Studies; Organisational Learning; Frameworks; Data Management; Knowledge Management and Healthcare; Knowledge Transfer; Strategies; Applied Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management and Higher Education; Intellectual Capital; Enterprise Information; Project teams; Knowledge Management Tools; Knowledge Management and non Profit Organisations; Knowledge sharing and Organizational Commitment; Web 2.0 and the Internet; Competence; Boundary Broking, Knowledge Differentiation and Sustainable Competitiveness; Posters (Poster Only, Work-in-Progress papers with Posters)
- Keynotes: A process view of knowledge management: it ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it; Knowledge as a network package: aspects of transfer and translation in international business
ECKM 2009 – 10th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 3-4 September 2009, Università Degli Studi Di Padova, Vincenza, Italy
- Gurteen Knowledge Cafe
- Mini-Tracks: Public Policies, Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital (CANCELLED); Formal Modeling for Knowledge Management
- General Streams: How Knowledge Management affects performance; Web 2.0 for Knowledge Sharing; Frameworks; Knowledge Management in Higher Education; Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital; Social Networks for Knowledge Sharing and Management; Knowledge Management in Industry; Human aspects of Knowledge Management; Technical; Communities; Innovation; Knowledge Leadership and management; Knowledge Management in the Health Sector; Risk and Security; Collaboration and sharing; Knowledge Management Planning; Knowledge Leaders; Knowledge Creation and Creativity; Measuring the success of Knowledge Management; Case Studies; Knowledge Management Systems Development and Implementation; Organisational Issues; Leveraging Knowledge; Knowledge Transfer; Management Issues; Knowledge and Value Networks; Customer Knowledge Management; Regional Perspectives; Knowledge Sharing; Knowledge Transformation; Project Management and Knowledge Management; Posters
- Keynotes: Semantics in Action; Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning: Where Technology and Socialisation meet; Open Knowledge Management – The Wiki Way
ECKM 2008 – 9th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 4-5 September 2008, Southampton Solent University, Southampton, UK
- Gurteen Knowledge Café: What will be the impact of social tools on Knowledge Management; what are the challenges and the opportunities?
- Mini-Tracks: Measuring Intangibles & Intellectual Capital (becomes General Stream); Knowledge Retention (CANCELLED); Dynamics of Temporary Coalitions; Knowledge Management in Higher Education; Knowledge Management as a managerial tool in EU research programs (CANCELLED); Human Capital for Outstanding Results; Linking Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital to economic growth of countries (CANCELLED); How to Acquire Knowledge Through Collaboration: From Individual to Inter-Organisational Learning Process
- General Streams: Web 2.0 and Knowledge Management 2.0; Knowledge Management Initiatives; Developing Knowledge Management; Communities of Practice; Knowledge Management in Industry; Knowledge Management Projects; Models; Knowledge Sharing/Knowledge Transfer; Measuring Intangibles and Intellectual Capital; Organisational issues; Knowledge Management Systems and Paradoxes; Knowledge Maps and Decision Making; Case Studies; Innovation; Knowledge Sharing; Applying Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management in SMEs; Knowledge Management in the Public Sector; Cultural Issues; Knowledge Management in the Enterprise Environment; Managing Knowledge; Knowledge Transfer; Implementing and Evaluating Knowledge Management
- Keynotes: Ordnance Survey: underpinning Great Britain with geographic information; Keynote 2 (CANCELLED)
- Round Table Debates: The Management of Knowledge and Knowledge Management”
ECKM 2007 – 8th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 6-7 September 2007, Consorci Escola Industrial de Barcelona (CEIB), Barcelona, Spain
- Gurteen Knowledge Café: Future Trends in Intellectual Capital Research
- Mini-Tracks: Measuring and evaluating intellectual capital and knowledge asset; Human capital for outstanding results; Linking Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital to the economic growth of countries and regions and people’s welfare; Auditing Knowledge Management
- General Streams: Competence analysis and evaluation; Assessment methods and tools; Knowledge creation; Knowledge Management an the Web; Communities of Practice; ICT and Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management frameworks; Knowledge Transfer case studies; Knowledge Management Stratiegies; Knowledge Management management and Innovation; Human capital; Knowledge Networks; Knowledge sharing; Case Studies; Thinking about Knowledge Management; Knowledge Transfer; Data management; Knowledge Management models; Approaches to Knowledge Management; Organisational Performance Case Studies; Learning from Failures; Knowledge Management in SME’s; Knowledge Management in business; Organisational learning; The Ba Concept; Knowledge Management in education; Knowledge Management in healthcare; Knowledge Storage and Diffusion; Corporate Knowledge Management; Social networks
- Keynotes: Knowledge as Love: How Metaphors Direct our Efforts to Manage Knowledge in Organisations; Intelligent Cities’ How to Measure and Govern Intangible Capabilities in Urban Innovation Environments?
- Plenary: Open InCaS: The Intellectual Capital Statement – Made in Europe (InCaS)
ECKM 2006 – 7th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 4-5 September 2006, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary
- Workshop on Social Computing
- Mini-Tracks: Measuring Intellectual Capital and Intangible Assets; The Role of Knowledge in Regional Cooperations; Auditing Knowledge Management – Knowledge management in auditing
- General Streams: n.a.
- Keynotes: Knowledge Management in Action; In search of an Intellectual Capital general theory
- Panel Discussions: Organisational knowledge and management strategies: Alignment, goals, processes and tools
ECKM 2005 – 6th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 8-9 September 2005, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Gurteen Knowledge Café: What are the most useful areas of research in the field of Knowledge Management which should be pursued in the next 3 to 5 years and what type of research methods would be best employed to tackle these topics?
- Mini-Tracks: Measuring and Evaluating Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Assets; Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management – the Macro Dimension
- General Streams: n.a.
- Keynotes: Perspectives on intellectual capital: The challenges of measuring and managing this critical value driver; The past, present and future of Knowledge Management
ECKM 2004 – 5th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 30 September – 1 October 2004, Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers (CNAM), Paris, France
- Knowledge Café
- Streams: n.a.
- Keynotes: Knowledge Management 20 years after … The evolution and increasing significance of Knowledge Management
- Panel Discussions: tba
ECKM 2003 – 4th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 18-19 September 2003, Oriel College, Oxford University, UK
- Pre-conference International Doctoral Colloquium in Business and Management Research
- Gurteen Knowledge Café
- Streams: n.a.
- Keynotes: Corporate intelligence and the role of knowledge management
ECKM 2002 – 3rd European Conference on Knowledge Management, 24-25 September 2002, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Pre-conference International Doctoral Colloquium in Business and Management Research
- Streams: Developing Knowledge Management and Knowledge Management Support Systems; Theory and Strategy; Modelling, and Data & Content Management; Management Tools; Organisation & Culture; Teams; Evaluation & Metrics; Knowledge Management and e-Government
- Keynotes: Complex Acts of Knowing: breaking away from the tacit and explicit words
- Panel Discussions: The Future of Knowledge Management Research
ECKM 2001 – 2nd European Conference on Knowledge Management, 8-9 November 2001, The IEDC Bled School of Management, Bled, Slovenia
- Streams: n.a.
- Keynotes: n.a.
ECKM 2000 – 1st European Conference on Knowledge Management, 26-27 October 2000, Bled School of Management, Slovenia
- Streams: Knowledge Management Evaluation; Knowledge Management Implementation; Knowledge Management Justification; Knowledge Management Scoping
- Keynotes: none
- Plenary Session: Knowledge Management as a Tool to Improve Securities Market Surveillance; Working with a strategy: An action research project within the British Council; A Group Memory System For Corporate Knowledge Management: An Ontological Approach; Assessing Knowledge in the New Economy; Architectures for KM systems, Model: Multimedia for Open and Dynamic Executive Learning; Organisational learning and knowledge Management; Criteria set for the assessment of patent – licensing activity of organization; Data mining in organisations: capturing knowledge to facilitate learning; The Design of a Framework for Knowledge Management Tool Evaluation and Selection; Knowledge Management: An aspect of merging organisations; Knowledge Visualisation in Postal Consultancy: An Application of Pathfinder and Latent Semantic Analysis; Managing Organisational Knowing: A Conceptual Framework for Making Decisions, Sense and Policy