No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
The Knowledge Management Association (KMA), emerged from the KM Institute Chapters, offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
- Washington DC Chapter Meetings 1)
List of Events2019201820172016201520142013
- 2019-07: Human-centered Knowledge Management Design – Ensuring the User is at the Center of any Knowledge Management Effort
- 2019-06: Using Storytelling to Capture Critical Knowledge (KMCDC/EK Wine & Design)
- 2019-05: Build your KMpetitive Advantage by putting more K in your marketing strategy (with International Finance Corporation); Bridging Islands of Knowledge – both real and metaphorically (with International Finance Corporation); (DOD and Federal Knowledge Management Symposium)
- 2019-04: A Knowledge Management Approach to Adopting Artificial Intelligence; (KM Showcase 2019: Behind the Theory – Join KMCDC partners, KMI and Enterprise Knowledge for the next KM Showcase)
- 2019-03: Building a Culture of Knowledge Sharing (KMCDC/EK Wine & Design); Build Your Knowledge Management Program with Design Cards (KMCDC/EK Wine & Design)
- 2019-02: Making Search Work for the Enterprise through Action-Oriented Search
- 2019-01: Using Design Thinking to Scope and Prioritize Your Knowledge management Initiatives; The People Side of Knowledge Management: Capture Knowledge Using Fast Learning Techniques (KMCDC/EK Wine & Design)
- 2018-12: Beautiful Knowledge Management Governance
- 2018-11: Practical Knowledge Management: Linking Knowledge Management to Your Organization’s Strategic Priorities (KMCDC/EK Wine & Design)
- 2018-10: Selling Knowledge Management: Create Your Knowledge Management Elevator Pitch
- 2018-09: Conversational Leadership: Are We Having the Right Conversations?
- 2018-08: Knowledge Cafe at 930Gov KIDM Conference: How to Build Knowledge Management program to actual implementation (Joint event with the Knowledge Cafe DC)
- 2018-07: Creating a Save, Fun Place for Knowledge Sharing
- 2018-06: Storytelling as a Knowledge Management Methodology
- 2018-05: Action Learning – Adding to the Bottom Line
- 2018-04: Come to the KMCDC Launch! Actionable Insights from Data-driven Knowledge Management
- 2018-03 (knowledge cafe): Is Knowledge Management at the Crossroads? – Part 2
- 2018-02 (knowledge cafe): Is Knowledge Management at the Crossroads?
- 2018-01: Come to the KM Showcase (in conjunction with the KMI knowledge Management Showcase); So you want to hire a Knowledge Manager…Why?
- 2017-12: The Knowledge Management Awareness Week of the federal Knowledge Management Community of Practice
- 2017-10: A Text Analysis Solution at the National Agricultural Library (USDA)
- 2017-09: Knowledge Cafe @gov930 KIDM Conference: What is the Future of Knowledge management? (Joint event with the Knowledge Cafe DC Meetup group)
- 2017-07: Knowledge Continuity: A Case Study of Job Specific Knowledge Transfer
- 2017-06: Is Knowledge Management Dead or Alive?” (Disruptive evidence from the Sciences of Happiness…
- 2017-05: Taxonomy Best Practices
- 2017-04: Lessons from the Application of KCS Principles and Core Concepts
- 2017-03: The Knowledge Continuity Cycle – Deep Dive
- 2017-02: Knowledge Management Lean Coffee Discussion
- 2017-01: Machine Learning – An Essential New Tool In Knowledge Management
- 2016-12: Practical knowledge Management at the National Park Service
- 2016-11: Knowledge Management Happy Hour at KMWorld!
- 2016-10: Turn the tables: Let’s hear from some of our KM’ers!
- 2016-09: Intellectual Capital: Using Audits to Identify Your Organization’s Most Valuable Asset
- 2016-08: Does Certification in Knowledge Management Really Exist…Yet?
- 2016-07: Integrating: Why it’s Exciting, Why it’s Annoying
- 2016-06: Knowledge Management Happy Hour with TechChange
- 2016-05: Spicing Up Your Knowledge Management Strategy With A Pinch Of Ontology
- 2016-04: “Houston, We Have a Solution!” – reporting live from the APQC conference
- 2016-03: Organizational Learning: The Deeper Purpose of Knowledge Management
- 2016-02: Positive Knowledge Management: Knowledge Management impact on Organizational Performance using Science of Happiness
- 2016-01: Examining Roles for Knowledge Management
- 2015-11: New KMA DC Mentor Program and Knowledge Management Table Topics
- 2015-10: Why Design Thinking Will Save Knowledge Management
- 2015-09: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly: Autopsy of an Integrated, Open Source Knowledge Management Strategy
- 2015-08: Knowledge Management Happy Hour (Organized by KMA DC and KMI)
- 2015-07: Creator of The Organizational Zoo talks about KNOWledge SUCCESSion
- 2015-06: “How to Make your Community of Practice a Success”
- 2015-05: Dr. Madelyn Blair on “The Role of Knowledge Management in Building Resilience”
- 2015-04: Building Blocks of a Knowledge Management Strategy– The Case of Rockefeller Foundation
- 2015-03: Knowledge Management in the Development Sector – Insights from UNICEF
- 2015-02: Knowledge Management in the Baldrige Context
- 2015-01: High Level Overview of a Semantic Search and Analysis Solution
- 2014-09: Knowledge Management Initiative Planning
- 2014-08: Incentivizing Knowledge Management: Can Gamification Help?
- 2014-07: Four Easy Pieces – A Definition of Knowledge Adequate to Estimate Human Short-Term Memory Capacity Using a Crowdsource Method
- 2014-06: KMA DC Knowledge Cafe to revisit the Knowledge Management topics from the past three meetings
- 2014-05: Sharing Knowledge in Ways that make it Stick!
- 2014-04: The Pause and Learn as a Knowledge Facilitator Process
- 2014-03: Using SharePoint for Knowledge Management
- 2014-02: Table topic discussions (Select Topics on Knowledge Management)
- 2014-01: From Lessons Identified to Lessons Learned
- 2013-12: Appreciative Sharing of Knowledge: An Introduction and Mini-Practice
- 2013-10: What is Knowledge Management good for? What can it do for private-sector organizations? How are the benefits different for Government organizations?
- 2013-09: Applied Knowledge Management, Beyond Technology
- 2013-08: KMA DC Knowledge Cafe: Innovation, Sharing Tacit Knowledge, Getting Management Buy-In for Knowledge Management Inotiatives
- 2013-07: First KMA DC Chapter meeting featuring Sean Fox of McGladrey and John Hovell of BAE Systems
- Denver Chapter Meetings
List of Events
- 2015-11: Social event: meetup group in 2016?
- 2015-08: CANCLED
- 2015-07: Co-creating the new member-driven, knowledge community design for the Denver KM Network Meetup (Online meeting)
- 2015-06: New Beginning: Co-creating the new member-driven, knowledge community design for the Denver KM Network Meetup (online meeting)
- 2015-04: More details to come as the date gets closer
- 2015-03: Inaugural Meeting to discuss interests, times and locations
- KMA National Virtual Events (2013)
List of Events
- 2013-01: Personal Knowledge Management, and how to practice Knowledge Management at your desk.
- 2013-02: Practicing Knowledge Management (Knowledge Café Session)
- 2013-03: Building a Knowledge Management centric proposal center, an AT&T approach.
- 2013-04: The Oscillation Principle: How regularly scheduled face-to-face interaction can
- 2013-06: Treduce the ambiguity of increasingly complex tasks
- 2013-07: Knowledge Mapping & Simulation Clarity
- 2013-07: Knowledge Management in the Medical Field
- 2013-08: Web Usability
- 2013-09: Aging Workforce Issues, and what is being done by industry leaders today in this area?
- 2013-10: Knowledge Management Maturity Models
- 2013-11: KMWorld De-Brief, What did we learn? (Knowledge Café Session)
- 2013-12: Knowledge Management Year in Review, Innovations, Research, and Thought Leaders
- Chapters: Denver (Denver Knowledge Management Network), Washington DC (KMA DC Chapter, now independent Knowledge Management Community of DC) 1)
- Interest Groups on topics in Knowledge Management
1) Since 2018: independent Knowledge Management Community of DC