- KM in academic programs;
- How the academic context influences the KM that is taught;
- What / How should it be taught;
- KM applied to academia (physician heal thyself);
How is knowledge management taught at the university? When KM started moving up the awareness charts of academic publications in the 1990s, it started to be a topic of academic instruction. Since then, the topic has come in and out of favor in various academic programs around the world. There are many current programs in North America, and I’m familiar with programs in Australia and Singapore.
Jack Vinson: Preparing for Conversations with Jack Vinson: Knowledge Management in Academia. Association of Knowledgework (AOK) Star Series / Dialogues, May 2007
© Association of Knowledge Work
- Jerry Ash: Classroom KM: Welcome Jack Vinson, STAR Moderator. Association of Knowledge Work Yahoo! Group, May 20, 2007
Notes: registration required; start with message #4669 or browse the group archive
NU Master of Science in Learning & Organizational Change course descriptions
– MSLOC 431: Making Knowledge Work (KM II), Spring 2007
– MS LOC 430: Designing Strategies for Knowledge Work, Winter 2007
About the Series: Each month the Association of Knowledgework Star Series welcomes an outstanding knowledge professional as guest moderator for one of our four e-mail discussion groups. These luminaries range from the highly acclaimed to the rising stars of knowledge work and they engage in “Conversations” with our members over periods of two weeks or more.