No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
Initiated by the Knowledge Management consultant, speaker and facilitator David Gurteen the Gurteen Knowledge Community is a global learning community of over 17,000 people in 160 countries across the world. The community is for people who are committed to making a difference: people who wish to share and learn from each other and who strive to see the world differently, think differently and act differently.
The Gurteen Knowledge Community offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
Regional Gurteen Community Cafés
- Asia: various locations
- Australia: Adelaide** 1)
- Switzerland: Zurich** 2)
- United Kingdom: Bristol**, Liverpool**, London, Manchester**
- United States of America: New York City**, Jacksonville**
- Worldwide: Zoom – Online Knowledge Café
Gatherings of the regional Gurteen Community Cafés
- Jun 2009: Leadership and the Collaborative Climate… Does Anyone Care?
- Apr 2009: Wiki Software: Confluence vs Sharepoint
- Mar 2009: Developing a Knowledge Company
- Feb 2009: Gurteen Knowledge Cafe – Adelaide: Review and Preview
- Nov 2008: The Gang of Four Returns! We came, we saw, we talked, we collaborated, we cabareted…: Reflections on learnings from the ACTKM08 conference
- Oct 2008: Knowledge Management – Building Critical Resources Within the Company
- Sep 2008: Lessons Learned from Lessons Learned: Report on an Experiment
- Jul 2008: Using Communities of Practice to realise value from collaboration
- May 2008: What Frame Control is YOUR Knowledge Management Game?
- Mar 2008: Web 2.0 and Knowledge Management
- Feb 2008: The Relationship between Time and Knowledge
- Dec 2007: Adelaide Knowledge Cafe: Christmas Meeting
- Oct 2007: Dealing with Complexity: Complex Acts of Knowing – Paradox and Descriptive Self Awareness
- Sep 2007: Knowledge Management Methodology: How to implement Knowledge Management within an organisation
- Aug 2007: Review of Sydney Knowledge Management Conference
- Jul 2007: What is Knowledge Management?
- May 2007: Knowledge Management Tips for building The Profile and Reputation of Your Team
- Mar 2007 (K-Café): The Knowledge Management approach of the South Australian Government: What’s driving it? What can we learn?’
- Nov 2006 (K-Café): Writing as Inquiry
- Sep 2006 (K-Café): What is the obligation for individuals and communities to entrust cultural knowledge for the future?
- Jul 2006 (K-Café): The Knowledge Spiral – Explicit to Tacit Transfer. Does it work for you?
- May 2006 (K-Café): How Can Knowledge Management Improve Actions In An Organisation?
- Apr 2006: Knowledge Policy
- Mar 2006: The Launch of the Adelaide Gurteen Knowledge Cafe: What Would you like to see the Community and the Knowledge Cafes provide?
- Feb 2006: (POSTPONED) Inaugural K-Café – Adelaide Australia meeting
- Feb 2012: An introduction to the Gurteen Knowledge Cafe (Jakarta); Storytelling (Singapore)
- Jan 2008: How do we create enthusiasm and buy-in for Knowledge Management in our organizations and motivate ourselves as Knowledge Management practitioners? (Kuala Lumpur; in partnership with the Multimedia University (KM Centre) and KM Talk)
- Feb 2010: Ethics
- Nov 2009: Language and leadership
- Sep 2009: Resilience – dealing with an uncertain future
- Jun 2009: The Purpose and Limits of Knowledge Management
- Feb 2009: Generoisity
- Nov 2008: Storytelling
- Jul 2008: Relationships are the New Bottom Line
- Jun 2008: UnLearning
- Dec 2007: Bristol Knowledge Cafe: Meeting
- Jul 2006: How does trust impact knowledge sharing?
- May 2006: Are Learning and Knowledge Sharing the same thing?
- Feb 2006: Launch of the Bristol Gurteen Knowledge Cafe
- Jun 2017: Intelligent Communities
- Apr 2017: Fake News Shaking Knowledge Management
- Feb 2017: Together, We Will Create a Knowledge Management Experience
- Dec 2016: Crossing Silos in Practice
- Nov 2016: Breaking Down Silos through Working Out Loud
- Oct 2016: Intelligent Machines and Network Analysis
- Sep 2016: Graph-based Databases
- Aug 2016: Mind Mapping as a Type of Knowledge Management
- Jul 2016: Casual Knowledge Management Outing
- Jun 2016: Meet & Greet: “Re-boot” of the Gurteen Knowledge Cafe NY
- Jun 2010: What is the role of Psychology in Assessing, Increasing and Managing 21st Century Wealth for Individuals, Organizations, and the World?
- Apr 2009: How can the Science of Human Behavior (Psychology) Meet the Needs of 21st Century Organizations and Worklife?
- Nov 2008: The Impact of Social Networking Tools in Organizations
- Apr 2008: What’s so great about Openness and Transparency?
- Jan 2008: Social Network Services across Generations
- Nov 2007: Knowledge Transfer through Informal Networks: to See the (W)hole
- Jan 2007: (with Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy)
- Nov 2006:
- Apr 2006: The “how and the what” of the best ways to engage, adapt, and invent new thinking to stay competitive, innovative and revitalized in today’s fast-paced business environment (with The Change Forum (Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy))
- Dec 2005: (CANCELLED)
- Nov 2005: (CANCELLED) What’s new and innovative in Knowledge Management? How can Gureen K-Cafe New York contribute to innovation in Knowledge Management?
- Oct 2005: (CANCELLED)
- Jul 2005: Inaugural Meeting
- Jun 2005: Inaugural Meeting (postponed)
- Dec 2012 (Manchester): The Power of Graphics
- Apr 2012 (Manchester): Storytelling
- Feb 2012 (Manchester): Change
- Jun 2011 (Manchester): Manchester Knowledge Cafe Launch
- Apr 2011 (Liverpool): The Power of Storytelling
- Mar 2011 (Liverpool): Building networks, communities and markets
- May 2010 (Liverpool): Enterprise 2.0, A business revolution?
- Sep 2009 (Liverpool): The Emergence of Style
- Jan 2009 (Liverpool): Objects are not neutral: Exploring the power of symbolic objects in the management of change
- Sep 2007 (Liverpool): A Knowledge Perspective of Enterprise Formation and Growth
- Jul 2007 (Liverpool): What can KMers learn from artists ?
- Jun 2007 (Liverpool): Inaugural meeting of Gurteen Knowledge Cafe – Liverpool
- Apr 2006 (Widnes): The Challenge of Working in Virtual Teams
- Dec 2005 (Liverpool): Knowledge Management and the Public Sector in the North West
- Jul 2005 (Manchester): Data, Information and Knowledge – why knowing the difference makes a difference
- May 2005 (Cheshire): Inaugural Meeting of Gurteen Knowledge Cafe, North West – England
- Sep 2013: Collaborate to Innovate: but do we need to change our attitudes and behaviours first? @ Cisco (Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce), Reading
- Oct 2012: What is the role of conversation in business and science? An Introduction to the Gurteen Knowledge Cafe @ Harwell Innovation Centre, Oxford
- May 2011: An Open Knowledge Cafe with David Gurteen in Winchester @ Ell Court (Hampshire County Council), Winchester
- Feb 2011: An Open Knowledge Cafe with David Gurteen in Edinburgh @ Edinburgh University, Edinburgh
- Sep 2020: We are not enimies
(eighth (?) in a series of online Knowledge Cafés on Conversational Leadership)
- Jul 2020: An Introduction to Conversational Leadership III
- Jul 2020: An Introduction to Conversational Leadership II
- Jun 2020: An Introdroduction to Conversational Leadership
- May 2020: Catalysing Mass Commitment to Transformational Change; How to conduct conversations for transformative change; Leadership as practice
- Apr 2020: Leadership as practice
- Mar 2020: Leadership as practice
- Oct 2019: World Values Virtual Knowledge Café (Gurteen Knowledge & World Values Day)
- Oct 2018: World Values Virtual Knowledge Café (Gurteen Knowledge & World Values Day)
- Oct 2017: World Values Virtual Knowledge Café (Gurteen Knowledge & World Values Day)
- Jul 2017: How can I put the Knowledge Café to good use?
- Aug 2017: Zoom Café Singapore: An Introduction to Zoom Virtual Knowledge Cafés; Zoom Café Sydney: An Introduction to Zoom Virtual Knowledge Cafés
- Apr 2008 (Basel): Knowledge & Collaboration (with KM Institute CKM class and SKMF Basel chapter)
- Feb 2008: Managing Information Overload (with SKMF Zurich chapter)
- Jun 2007: What are the special requirements for the procurement, selection and development of personnel in the knowledge society (with SKMF Zurich chapter)
- April 2007 (Basel): Knowledge & Leadership (with KM Institute CKM class and SKMF Basel chapter)
- Nov 2006 (Basel): Knowledge Management Training and Learning Solutions (with KM Institute CKM class and SKMF Basel chapter)
- Oct 2006: How the Swiss community of thought leaders, knowledge management practitioners and others can work with, and learn from, one another to achieve common results
- Jun 2006: What are the barriers to knowledge sharing and how do we overcome them?
1) Adelaide Knowledge Café metamorphosed into the Adelaide KM Group in 2009.
2) Since 2007 the Knowledge Cafés in Zurich are held together with the roundtables of the Swiss Knowledge Management Forum (SKMF).