No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
The International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO), the Global Network for Forest Science Cooperation, offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
Division 9 (Forest Policy and Economics)1) Units
- U9.01.00 – Information and Communication2)
- U9.01.03 – Extension and Knowledge Exchange (EKE)3) (since 1994)
- U9.03.00 – Forest History and Traditional Knowledge
- U9.03.04 – Traditional Forest Knowledge4) (since 2011)
- U9.03.05 – Traditional Forest Knowledge in Tropical and Subtropical Regions* 4) (2010-2021)
- T09 – Communicating Forest Science Task Force*5) (2006-2011)
- T13 – Task Force on Traditional Forest Knowledge* 4) (2005-2010)
Extension and Knowledge Exchange Unit
- Extension & Knowledge Exchange Conference*
Traditional Forest Knowledge Units / Task Force
- International Conference on Traditional Forest Knowledge and Culture in Asia*
Communicating Forest Science Task Force
- forestXchange International Conference 2006, 25-27 October 2006, Freiburg, Germany
Conference Theme: New approaches in knowledge management
(Host: Forstliche Versuchs- und Forschungsanstalt Baden-Württemberg; Ortganizer: forestXchange Conference Consortium6))
The forestXchange international conference – new approaches in knowledge management seeks to be a platform upon which new approaches for the valuation of and the exposure to knowledge in the field of forestry will be discussed, implications for the practical management of knowledge assets will be presented, and established ways of knowledge management will be critically examined. The conference aims to take advantage of new theoretical approaches, conclusions, and experiences from the fields of communication theory and technology, sociology and knowledge management in forestry. Experts in forestry, experts from knowledge management, and social sciences concerned with expert-layperson communication, community-building, and knowledge brokering exchange their experiences in practical and theoretical contributions. The conference covers theoretical, applied, sociological and technological aspects of knowledge management.
1st Meeting of the IUFRO Task Force “Communicating Forest Science”, Oct 24-26