No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
The Knowledge Management South Africa Convention (KMSA Convention), successor of the Southern African Knowledge Management Summit (SAKMS), is the annual conference of the Knowledge Management South Africa (KMSA) Society.
The convention provides a platform to showcase and interrogate the strategic value and practices of knowledge management as a key management discipline for the 21st century. It also serves as an opportunity for leaders and professionals in the knowledge management realm to connect and engage in robust dialogue and meaning making, participate in stimulating deep dives, as well as learning about latest developments, opportunities and challenges in the field.
The Southern African Knowledge Management Summit (SAKMS) has provided a forum for robust exchange and dialogue on current developments, applications, opportunities and challenges in the field of knowledge management.
KMSA Convention KMSA Knowledge e-Imbizo Week, 11 -14 August 2020, Johannesburg, South Africa Virtual venue
Conference Theme: 2020 & Beyond: Driving Engagement and Managing Knowledge for Growth
- Tracks: Evolve and sustain your Knowledge Management programme (day 1); Knowledge Management Future Applications/Systems and Tools (day 2); Breaking down the Barriers to Knowledge Sharing (day 3); Change Management: Techniques for communicating around Knowledge Management (day 4)
- Day 1: Knowledge Management value in the New World of Work: Organizational Reasoning to survive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution; Knoco Global Survey Knowledge Management Results; Moving Your Organization from Knowledge Management Theory to Sustainable Practice – Making Knowledge Management Stick; Readiness for implementation of knowledge management strategy in KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government Department
- Day 2: Using eye-tracking to evaluate and optimise knowledge visualisation guidelines; Supporting Communities of Practice through Knowledge Management; Innovation in Learning Organisation (CANCELLED); The role of Knowledge Management in a virtual environment
- Day 3: Nurturing Networks ActionAid International to facilitate Learning, Knowledge Sharing and Use (CANCELLED); From Covid-19 to bridging skills gap for knowledge workers by coupling online learning with new pedagogies; Knowledge sharing practices in public libraries: a case study of eThekwini Municipality Libraries (EML) (CANCELLED); Use talent management data to enhance knowledge of the workforce – “it is not what you know, it is who you know”; A knowledge management model for managing research outputs and scholarship in a southern African private higher education institution
- Day 4: Adoption and Change Management of Knowledge Management tools and systems; A Framework to Foster Open Knowledge Flows and Reuse among Livestock Value Chain Actors; Knowledge-Sharing Culture to Support Organisation Success
- Panels: Panel discussion | Q & A
Note: The conference was scheduled for 11-13 August 2020; imbizo | A gathering, usually called by a traditional leader. Origin: From Zulu biza ‘summon, call’.
2019 KMSA Convention, 13-15 August 2019, Durban, South Africa
Conference Theme: Leveraging the 4th Industrial Revolution: Knowledge Management Systems to meet Africa’s Sustainable Development Goal
(co-organizer: Municipal Institute of Learning (MILE))
- Pre-Convention Masterclasses (Aug 13): Unlocking Knowledge to Enable a Culture of Innovation; Information Governance and Knowledge Protection; Identifying the New Technology Threats and Disrupters, including AI (CANCELLED); Accelerated Learning and Knowledge Management Through Digital Story Telling; Leadership Focus to Develop a Knowledge Management
- Keynotes: Official Keynote 1; Official Keynote 2; Leadership Focus to Develop a Knowledge Management Culture; Stories and strategies for organisations preparing to adopt Knowledge Management Standard ISO 30401 (Official Keynote); How Technological Change Affects the Use of Knowledge in Industries in South Africa
- Presentations: Adopting a Digital Mindset – Platform Business Thinking; The Future Skills and the Perspective of Knowledge Management from an Academic Point of View; Information Management in the 4th Industrial Revolution; Knowledge Sharing Barriers and Solutions; Transformational Change Management; Mobilising a Federation of 45 countries to Learn and Share Knowledge – the Case of ActionAid International; Social Learning as means of advancing knowledge in Municipalities; What is the Link between Knowledge Management, Taxonomies, Metadata and a SharePoint term set? A South African Case Study for a Large Metropolitan Municipality; What do we mean when we talk about learning?
- Discussions: Knowledge Management Professionalization (Round Table); Impact of Knowledge Management Strategy and Application of ISO 30401 (Panel )
- Pre-Convention Events: 1 h KMSA Annual General Meeting, Aug 13
2018 KMSA Convention, 22-24 August 2018, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Pre-Convention Masterclasses (Aug 22): Knowledge Management Collaborations Enabling Service Delivery in Local Government; Organizational Zoo, A Survival Guide to Workplace Behavior; Towards an Effective Lessons Learned Process: Practices that have Proven Effective at NASA-JPL (We Don’t Dare Forget How to “Stick a Landing”)
- Presentations: We Don’t Dare Forget How to ‘Stick a Landing’ on Mars: How We ‘Sold’ NASA-JPL on Knowledge Management”; Knowledge Transfer for The Learning Organization; Mobile Knowledge Management, Nation Building; Knowledge Management Strategy – A Focus on Knowledge Capture: Gautrain; Knowledge Management and The Future of Work; An Analysis of the Knowledge Audit Methodology: National School of Government; Knowledge Management: A Golden Key to Unlock Africa’s Potential; Perspective Towards Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management and Digital Economy in South Africa; Doing Futures Work in Knowledge Management; Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network: Being a Successful Knowledge Leader, what Knowledge; Knowledge Management in Practice – Current and Future Demands; Knowledge Management Learning Exchange; Social Elevation Through Innovation and Democratization of Knowledge
- Panel Discussions: Knowledge Management ISO Standard; Knowledge Management Professionalization
2017 SAKMS, 29-31 August 2017, Johannesburg, South Africa
Conference Theme: Connect, Learn & Innovate!
(co-organized with the Knowledge Management South Africa Society (KMSA); in conjunction with the 1st KMSA Annual General Meeting)
- Pre-Summit Workshops: Large-scale Knowledge Management implementations (Masterclasses: Change Management in a knowledge management project; Content and conversations: supporting knowledge sharing and re-use in a global corporate environment); Monitoring, learning & evaluation; Knowledge Management and ISO Standards on Knowledge, Assets, Quality, Risks and Innovation; Knowledge harvesting and transfer (Masterclasses: Knowledge Harvesting & Transfer; Impactful Knowledge Management implementation at a Development Finance Institution); Information Governance; Managing Knowledge and Communications for Development in Africa: An Introduction to Good Practices and Approaches; Make Knowledge Management stick – how to ensure that the ongoing success of Knowledge Management (CANCELLED)
- Keynotes: Knowledge Management as a strategic partner (Opening); Knowledge Management for transparent and accountable government (Opening, CANCELLED); Moving forward with global knowledge; Knowledge Management is personal
- Presentations: Knowledge Management Standards in South Africa; Invitation to Connect, learn and innovate; People, process and technology in the Fourth Industrial Revolution; Artificial Intelligence in Knowledge Management: Threat or Opportunity; Creating a culture of knowledge exchange within and beyond UNICEF; Enriching knowledge networks – synergies between Social Network Analysis, Communities of Practice and Knowledge Maps; How the notion of Big Data and Social Media surface knowledge in informal agriculture markets; Harvesting and sharing reflections; Unknowability and the learning organisation; From managing knowledge to organisational learning – practitioner reflections; Mentorship with impact for new professionals; Employee-driven Innovation Management: Transnet Freight Rail Case Study; Towards Information Governance in South Africa at a national level: a proposed integrated framework
- Discussions: The Fourth Industrial Revolution and Knowledge Management (Panel); Synthesis & Reflection (Fishbowl Panel); Knowledge Management Leadership (Post-Summit Roundtable;
by invitationby the KMSA Society)
- Post-Summit Workshops: Knowledge Management Simulation: Bird Island (CANCELLED)
- Co-located Events: 1st KMSA Annual General Meeting
2016 SAKMS, 10-12 May 2016, Pretoria, South Africa
Conference Theme: Be the Difference!
- Pre-Summit Workshops: How to integrate Knowledge Management tasks into our daily working processes; Uncover and co-design Knowledge Management in your organisation with Lego Serious Play; Be prepared for the Mobile Data Ownership & POPI challenges; Projects: To learn or not to learn?; Solving Problems with Knowledge Creation in Mind; Agile Knowledge Management: a cadence of continuous value delivery
- Keynotes: Advancements and Future Challenges in Knowledge Management: Results from a Global Knowledge Management Experts Study; Four Discussion Disciplines to Drive Effective Online Collaboration
- Presentations: Feedback – South African Knowledge Management Survey; Factors influencing knowledge sharing in software development; Responsiveness to knowledge and organisational performance of JSE-listed construction companies in South Africa; Internet Censorship in China: the value of information to governments
- Workshops: Strategic Narrative Embodiment Exersice (Applied Theatre); Case Study Cafe: Three Generations of SharePoint at IQ Business: Lessons in contextual knowledge transfer; Performing a Knowledge Audit in a provincial government department; Designing a Knowledge Management framework and strategy for a provincial government department; Creating an integrated learning and knowledge management ecosystem; Creative by design – Strategic Knowledge Management: Designing & Facilitating Processes to Rapidly Deliver High Value & Impact; Scaling expertise: a shift from single-dimension to multi-dimension logic capture and distribution; Solving problems with knowledge creation in mind; Naturalistic sense-making – learning in complexity (CANCELLED); Applying the Design Thinking model to design a Knowledge Management strategy (CANCELLED)
- SAKMS Certificate of Appreciation: Professor Adeline du Toit
2015 SAKMS, 27-29 May 2015, Pretoria, South Africa
Conference Theme: Shaping minds for Africa: knowledge management as a competitive strategy
- Pre-Summit Workshops: Conducting Knowledge Audits; Informal Networks & Social Network Analysis (SNA); Knowledge Sharing Masterclass (Playback Theatre; Improving Decision-making with a Narrative Knowledge Base); Using Knowledge Management Tools to improve Enterprise Change, Project Outcomes & Business Capability Maturity
- Keynotes: Implementing for impact: how to make a difference with knowledge management in your organisation, and avoid common pitfalls; Open Innovation – a tool for knowledge exchange (Invited Talk); Industrial policy as a pla>orm for competitiveness; Openness: the gateway to knowledge management innovation; Could serious games and simulations motivate stakeholder strategy in knowledge management projects? (Invited Talk)
- Presentations: Case Study Exchange (PPC Cement Case Study; Implementing Knowledge Management in a Provincial Government: Case study of the Limpopo Province; Preparing for the Scarce and Critical Knowledge Demands of the much vaunted National Development Plan); Sense, signal and software: a sensemaking analysis of meaning in early warning systems; Networked knowledge sense: towards an integrated knowledge management; Taxonomy as a powerful tool to enhance an agile knowledge management strategy; Knowledge management: a public services perspective; Organisation as a game: an exploratory framework for the interpretation of organisations
- Discussions: The Role of the Knowledge Leader: A Roundtable Discussion (Pre-Summit); Synthesis & Reflection (Fishbowl Panel); Synthesis & Reflection: Sensemaking and weaving the Summit story
- Workshops: Knowledge Management for learning, learning for Knowledge Management (Knowledge Cafe); Re-authoring knowledge management – rewriting the stories of Knowledge Management in our context (Interactive Workshop)