Abstract: There is no right way to organize for delivery of knowledge management. Much depends on the existing structures and responsibilities that already exist within an organization. We have already considered the role of the knowledge leader. But what kind of organization does he or she need in support? We consider in turn:
Abstract: A Chief Knowledge Officer is a senior executive who is responsible for ensuring that an organization maximises the value it achieves through one of its most important assets – knowledge. Although only a few companies have people with this explicit title, those with similar responsibilities include Director of Intellectual Capital, Director of Innovation.
Abstract: In our research for Creating the Knowledge-based Business we found without exception that where KM was progressing well, underpinning it was strong leadership. We identified the following as the essential factors of knowledge leadership: A knowledge leader (or champion) – that person may or may not have a title
Featured Providers (World)
- SIKM Leaders CommunityDetroit, MI, USA
- Knowledge Management for Development (KM4Dev)Brussels, Belgium
- Gesellschaft für Wissensmanagement (GfWM)Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana (FUNIBER)Barcelona, Spain
- London Information and Knowledge Exchange (LIKE)London, United Kingdom
- International Society for Knowledge Organization: Chapitre Maghreb (ISKO Maghreb)Nancy, France
- Knowledge Management Society of Korea (KMSK)Seoul, Republic of Korea
On the “Regional Pages” you can browse the world’s regions and countries for Knowledge Management education and training providers and providers offering Knowledge Management education and training via information and communication technologies (eLearning).
Currently there are 1081 providers to discover, (more…)