No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
- Knowledge SUCCESS (Strengthening Use, Capacity, Collaboration, Exchange, Synthesis, and Sharing) Project (2019-2024) 1)
- Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project (2013-2019) 2)1)
- Global Health Knowledge Collaborative (GHKC) (2010-ongoing)3)
- Knowledge Mangement Reference Group (KMRG) 4)
- Knowledge-Driven Microenterprise Development (KDMD) project (2008-2013)
Office of Microenterprise Development (MD) > Knowledge-Driven Microenterprise Development (KDMD) project
- 2011 Knowledge Management Impact Challenge unConference, May 2011, Washington, DC, United States 5)
Office of the Chief Information Officer in the Bureau for Management (M/CIO) > Knowledge Services Center (KSC)
- USAID Knowledge Management Expo, February 26, 2013, Washington, DC, United States
USAID’s Knowledge Management Expo will provide an opportunity for staff and contractors to demonstrate how knowledge management (KM) tools and practices are used at USAID. Come see how knowledge management is used at USAID by KM practitioners, staff and partners to inform development programs and increase their impact. Exhibitors will showcase USAID KM-related projects, programs and tools. Presenters will spotlight KM-related projects at USAID, knowledge management topics, trends, strategies and lessons learned. Presentations will be 20 minutes including time for questions.
- USAID Knowledge Management Reference Group Meetings/Seminars
(since 2014: quarterly; from … to 2014: monthly)
Dec 2016: ?
Sep 2016: ?
Jun 2016: Making Use of the Portfolio: Organizational Learning at USAID
Mar 2016: What USAID Can Learn From NASA
Dec 2015: Planning for the New Year
Oct 2015: Experiential Guide to Peer Assist and After Action Review (AAR) Approaches
Jun 2015: Monitoring & Evaluation for Knowledge Management Panel Discussion
Mar 2015: Data Visualization
Dec 2014: Data in Development
Sep 2014: ‘Back to School’ with the KM Reference Group
Jul 2014: Managing Online Communities
Jun 2014: Updates from the Field: Perspectives on Learning from USAID-Funded Activities
Apr 2014: Good Practices in Webinar Facilitation
Mar 2014: Highlights from the USAID Forward Experience Summit
Feb 2014: Understanding the Power of Twitter Chats
Jan 2014: Designing Dynamic Meetings and Events: Linking Practitioners for Collaborative Knowledge Exchange
Dec 2013: Keeping Communities of Practice Engaged
Nov 2013: Monitoring & Evaluation for Knowledge Management and learning
- Peer Assist Series (Pilot)
Sep 2015: 2nd Peer Assist: YouthCorps
Jul 2015: 1st Peer Assist: USAID Global Health
Office of Population and Reproductive Health > Knowledge SUCCESS Project 1)
Office of Population and Reproductive Health > Bureau for Global Health > Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project
(Global Health eLearning (GHeL) Center)
- Knowledge Management (KM) in Global Health Programs course
- Online Communities of Practice (CoPs) for Global Health
- Knowledge Management (KM) 101 course**
- Knowledge Management Training Package for Global Health Programs course material
(Global Health eLearning (GHeL) Center)
- Organizational Change and Knowledge Management Certificate
Data Visualization – An Introduction
Dependency to Partnership: It’s About Change
Dependency to Partnership: Leading/Managing Change
Fostering Change in Health Services
Journal Manuscript Development for Global Health
Knowledge Management (KM) in Global Health Programs
Online Communities of Practice (CoPs) for Global Health
Social Media for Health and Development
- Feb 2018: Building Better Programs Through Knowledge Management
- Dec 2017: How to Monitor & Evaluate Knowledge Management in Global Health
Office of Population and Reproductive Health > Bureau for Global Health > Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project > Global Health Knowledge Collaborative (GHKC) 3)
(face-to-face GHKC meetings, 3-4 times per year)
- Sep 2020: Knowledge Management in the Time of COVID-19 (online)
- Apr 2020: Insights from the LEARN Project – Indicators to use across Knowledge management activities – Knowledge Management self-assessments (online)
- Feb 2018: Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Maturity Matrix
- Oct 2017: The intersection of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and knowledge management (KM)
- May 2017: Building capacity for knowledge management (Knowledge Café)
- Sep 2016: Task Teams updates & Knowledge Management typologies
- May 2016: Building staff capacity in knowledge management (interactive exercises)
- Feb 2016: Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Maturity Index
- Oct 2014: Knowledge Management and Communications (with Health Information Publications Network (HIPNet) and Knowledge Café)
- May 2014:
- Jun 2013: USAID’s CLA (Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting) Dialogue (Knowledge Café) & GHKC Knowledge Management Share Fair. What’s next?(Knowledge Café)
- Mar 2012: Advancing Measurement and Learning
- Jul 2011: Knowledge Management (KM) Working Group subcommittees progress (Monitoring & Evaluation; Knowledge Management Toolkit; Knowledge Management Advocacy)
- Oct 2010 (1st meting): Knowledge Management: Advancing Knowledge Management within our own organizations and beyond (with WHO Implementing Best Practices (IBP))
- Monitoring & Evaluation Task Team
- Knowledge Management Toolkit Task Team
- Knowledge Management Case Studies Task Team
- Knowledge Management Advocacy Task Team
- Jun 2016: How to Hold a Successful Share Fair
- Jun 2015: Blended Learning and the Global Health eLearning Center
- Apr 2015: Designing a Knowledge Management Strategy that Fits Your Needs
- Feb 2015: What’s a Share Fair? And How Can I Have One?
- Sep 2014: Low-Tech Solutions for Knowledge Management
- Jul 2014: Taxonomy 101
- Apr 2014: Making Knowledge Usable and Managing Knowledge
- Dec 2013: Assessing and Responding to Health Information Needs
- Oct 2013: Finding, Ranking, and Segmenting Scientific Expertise
- Sep 2013: Monitoring and Evaluating Knowledge Management in Global Health Programs
- Jul 2013: Using Knowledge Management to Improve Training
- May 2013: How to Design and Deliver Meaningful Knowledge Management Events Such as KM Expos, Share Fairs and In-Country Meetings
- Mar 2013: The Basics of Twitter
- Feb 2013: Disseminating Global Health Program Learning
- Jan 2013: Best Practices for Creating and Sustaining Communities of Practice for Global Health
- Dec 2012: Planning Your Organization’s Intranet
- Global Health Knowledge Management Share Fair, April 16, 2013, Washington, DC, USA
Conference Theme: Global Health Knowledge Management: Challenges and Opportunities
A one-day symposium for global health and development knowledge management practitioners to advance the science and practice of KM. Experts in KM will be facilitating workshops and hands-on sessions so you can learn about innovative tools and techniques while sharing your own successes and lessons learned.
USAID Learning Lab
Leaders in Learning Podcast Series
- Episode 1: Introducing: Leaders In Learning
- Episode 2: Why Does Learning Matter In International Development?
- Episode 3: What is the role of evidence and data in organizational learning?
- Episode 4: What is the relationship between organizational culture and learning?
- Episode 5: What is the role of leaders in creating a learning organization?
- Episode 6: How do organizations integrate learning into their daily work?
- Episode 7: What is the future of organizational learning in international development?