No warranty for correctness & completeness!
This site will be updated with no ads and linked to its KMedu opportunities
as soon as the provider subscribes to this service!
(sample pages: training, university, community, conference)
Knowledge Management for Development (KM4Dev), formerly the Discussion Forum on Knowledge Management for International Development Organisations,1) is a community of international development practitioners who are interested in knowledge management and knowledge sharing issues and approaches.
Knowledge Management for Development (KM4Dev) offers the following Knowledge Management education and training opportunities:
- Local groups: Africa, Downunder, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Brussles, Burkina Faso, SA-GE Burkina, Dakar, Ethiopia (Addis Ababa), India, Indonesia, Italia Nord, Nairobi, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Rome*, Russia, South Africa, The Hague, Togo, United States, Zimbabwe (Harare), SIWA* (Comunidad Latinoamericana y Caribeña de Saberes Compartidos)
- Special Interest Groups: Ardans Unser Gruop, Online Peer Assist Experiments; An unusual suspect: the private sector in knowledge brokering in international development; Agenda Knowledge for Development; Experience Capitalization; KM4Dev Scholars; Collaborative Research; Disability Inclusive Development; Process Documentation method; KM4 Sustainable development; Technology for KM4DeV; Social media for Development; Knowledge Management in the United Nations System; SA-GE – KM4Dev Francophone; The Human Factor in KM4Dev; Mobile Technologies for KM4DeV; Cultural Intelligence; Human Rights Practice Knowledge
- Special Project/Event Groups: Knowledge Cafè Working Group; KM4Dev Ning Platform; KM4Dev Core Group; KM4Dev 2016 Vienna Event, IKM Emergent; KM4D Journal; KM Impact Challenge; Cross-Cutting Huddle; Gender Huddle; WASH IWRM huddle; Ag Huddle;…
Conferences / Workshops
- Knowledge Management for Development Forum (KM4Dev Forum)*
- Knowledge Management for Development Online Open Space (KM4Dev OOS)*
- African KM4Dev Community Week, 25-29 March 2013, online
- Knowledge Management Impact Challenge unConference (KM Impact unConference), May 5-6, 2011, Washington, DC, USA
Conference Theme: Discovering measures that matter for knowledge management
(Hosted by the Knowledge-Driven Microenterprise Development (KDMD) project under the USAID Microenterprise Development (MD) office; Partners: Impact Alliance, Knowledge Management for Development (KM4Dev))
Cafés del Conocimiento (en castellano)
- Oct 2021: #07 TBA
- Ago 2021: #06 TBA
- Jun 2021: #05 TBA
- Abr 2021: #04 TBA
- Feb 2021: #03 Ideas sobre las temáticas de los Cafés del Conocimiento
- Dec 2020: #02 Formas creativas para fomentar el intercambio de experiencias
- Oct 2020: #01 ¿Qué hemos aprendido de la colaboración virtual en los últimos 2 años desde la reunión de CONVERSA en Medellín, septiembre 2018?
KM4Dev Knowledge Cafés (monthly)
- Dec 2021: TBA
- Nov 2021: TBA
- Oct 2021: TBA
- Sep 2021: TBA
- Aug 2021: SUMMER BREAK – Preparing 2nd half of the year #KnowledgeCafè!
- Jul 2021: SUMMER BREAK – Preparing 2nd half of the year #KnowledgeCafè!
- Jun 2021: TBA
- May 2021: TBA
- Apr 2021: #08 (#15) Decolonization of Knowledge: an action plan
- Mar 2021: #07 (#14) Knowledge retention as systems thinking
- Feb 2021: #06 (#13) Bringing peer assists online: let’s do it!
- Jan 2021: #05 (#12) Value creation in communities and networks
- Dec 2020: #04 (#11) Knowledge Management Changes in 2020 – KM4DEV in the Mirror
- Nov 2020: #03 Uncomfortable truths in development
- Oct 2020: #02 Knowledge, the gateway to space: The European Space Agency (ESA) Knowledge Management Initiative
- Sep 2020: #01 Capitalizing on online dialogue: building on the lessons learned from the Dgroups e-conference “Online collaborations, dialogue and interaction”
KM4Dev20years Pre-conference Knowledge Cafés
- Jun 2020: Decolonization of Knowledge (#7); Promoting Knowledge Management for Organizational Learning (#6); Knowledge Management Strategies in Organizations (#5); Organizational Learning and its linkages to Knowledge Management (was: Decolonization of Knowledge – postponed) (#4)
- May 2020: Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships: Connecting across disciplines and communities to remedy siloed thinking (#3); On-line Collaboration (#2); Re-visiting the recent KM4Dev discussion on “What is the role of Knowledge Management in a time of crisis – with specific reference to the current coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic?” (#1)
- Mar 2021: Tech platform / structure recommendations for African Community of Practice
Dec 2017 (Austria): Implementation of Knowledge Management, Sharing and Learning in NGDOs: Good-Practice-Examples and exemplary IT-Tools (8th meeting)
Jan 2017 (Austria):…
Jan 2017 (Brussles): KM4dev gathering
Feb 2016 (Austria): Learning from Experience: HORIZONT3000 (3rd meeting)
Oct 2015 (Austria): Measurement and presentation of the effect of Knowledge Management: HORIZONT3000 (2nd meeting)
Jul 2015 (Austria): Inaugural meeting
Jun 2015 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 13th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Apr 2015 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 13th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Jul 2014 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 11th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
May 2014 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 10th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Jan 2014 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 9th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Oct 2013 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 8th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Jun 2013 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 7th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Apr 2013 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 6th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Dez 2012 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 5th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Oct 2012 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): Meet up with KM/comms folks from CGIAR and beyond + mesheta night!
Sep 2012 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 4th get-together (various topics on Knowledge Management for Development)
Jun 2012 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 3rd get-together (Topics: Social Media hands-on session; Knowledge Management Projects in Ethiopia follow-up; Knowledge Management/social media at IFPRI)
Apr 2012 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 2nd get-together (Topics: Social Media hands-on session; Knowledge Management Projects in Ethiopia; Knowledge Management in Development)
Mar 2012: AUGM 2012 (Ardans User Group Meeting), Paris
Jan 2012 (Addis Ababa & Ethiopia): 1st get-together
Oct 2011 (The Hague): Informal chat
Oct 2011 (Dakar): Monthly KM4Dev meet up
Oct 2011 (Nairobi): KM4Dev Meet-Up
Nov 2010 (Rome): KM4DEV Rome meets-up with the CGIAR ICT-KM team
Sep 2010 (Rome): Meeting with Edgar Tan: Lessons learned during his sabbatical that will be useful in his regular work
Jun 2010 (Rome): Social Media in the WSIS 2010
Feb 2010 (Rome): Social Media in for-profit organizations
Feb 2010 (The Hague): KM4Dev meet the Livelihoods experts
Oct 2009 (Rome): Knowledge Sharing: Getting Together to Do it Better
Sep 2009 (Rome): Experience and challenges with mainstreaming Knowledge Management strategy in multilateral/development agencies
Jun 2009 (Rome): ONE KNOWLEDGE, or knowledge sharing and learning within and across the UN; Brainstorming on a special event about online collaboration for international organizations
Apr 2009 (Rome): FAO knowledge networks review process
Mar 2009 (Rome): A discussion about how choosing and getting prepared to work with a Content Management System?
Feb 2009 (Rome): What about creating a regional KM practitioners group in Rome?
Monthly KM4Dev Core Group Meetings