Abstract: … In this work, we propose a model of individual knowledge management competence to support the education of knowledge managers … The model explains Knowledge Management competence as specific combinations of presumed Knowledge Management-related activities and the individual capabilities required to perform them. … The proposed model suggests not a single definition of Knowledge Management competence, but multiple profiles based distinct understandings of what comprises Knowledge Management. …
Author(s): Andre Saito was a doctoral student at the Graduate School of Knowledge Science, Japan. Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST).
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Literature Review
- Chapter 3: Modeling Individual KM Competence
- Chapter 4: Survey on KM Researchers and Practioners
- Chapter 5: KM Competence in Graduate KM Education
- Chapter 6: Conclusions
- Appendix 1: Questionnaire on KM competence
- Appendix 2: List of graduate programs in KM
- Appendix 3: Course descriptions of master’s programs in KM
Saito, A.: Educating Knowledge Managers: A Competence-Based Approach. Tokyo: Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (Dissertation), 2007, 230 pp. uri: http://hdl.handle.net/10119/3739
(cc)by André Saito. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Alternative full text from the author at ResearchGate